LP 3 months ago and still feeling terrible headaches. Please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey, so about 3 months ago i had a lumbar puncture done. i had it done because i was feeling dizzy and i had somewhat of a headache. 2 days later after that procedure, i had headaches everyday. the first month the headaches were so bad. like terrible, it got to the point where i would beg my parents to take me to the hospital, so that they could make the pain go away. now 3 months in i still have those headaches, but i so feel how my head or brain goes numb. it happens every time i stand up or sit up. i get this weird feeling like im in drugs or something. like i feel stoned. i have a lot of head pressure and pain in my head. i have this tingling that starts from the top of my head and it goes down. i have also started to feel numbness in my arms. my eyes hurt. i get throbbing in my head. i have fullness in my ears like theyre filled with air or like they need to pop. i get this spacey feeling. it kinda feels like nothing around me is actually real anymore. i can feel how that pain in my head moves around my brain. my doctor thinks the lumbar puncture triggered migraines, bur im not sure if it's that. i never had any of these symptoms before so its frustrating. due to all of this, i now started to have anxiety because of the non ending pain and numbness and everything i have explained above. no my symptoms are not being triggered by my anxiety. the headaches just never went away. i had really bad vertigo 2 to 3 weeks after the lumbar puncture. that gradually went away, but i still feel dizzy and that weird stoned feeling. before all this happened, i was working out a lot, and months later thats when i started ti get dizzy. i gave it a week, it continued, so i saw a doctor (not my regular doctor) but he said it was allergies. he gave me allergy meds, but it continued. i started to get lightheaded so i ended up going to the hospital. they just made everything worse with that stupid lumbar puncture because they thought i might have had meningitis. in my gut i had this bad feeling about letting them do this, but i was scared, so i said yes. now im stuck with these terrible headaches which by the way occur all day everyday, head numbness, and head pressure. any of you guys gone through this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi jenny

i had a terrible experience after having a lumber puncture about two weeks ago , after they did the procedure on me i went home and woke up early hours of the morning with a serve headache it was so bad that every time i sat up or stood up i would vomit because the pain was so bad , so i went back to the hospital and they told me that while they did the lumber puncture they punctured something in my spine called a air bubble (CFL leak) which was causing my sever headache so i was in hospital for a week they was giving me some of the strongest pain killers and they just wasnt getting rid of my headache so then i had to have another procedure called a epidural blood patch where they injected blood from my hands and injected it into the spine to close the air bubble and the only thing i could feel when they was injected my blood into my back was the amazing relief of my headache slowly going away it was amazing how that one thing got rid of my sever headache what a relief !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.