Lpr anxiety.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

First time on this forum, so here goes.

I am at my wits end with what i think is Lpr, i have been suffering with acid reflux for 3 years and take 20mg Omeprazole 1 x daily. My symptoms flare up more often than not and i am absolutly at breaking

point, my symptoms are.

.Post nasel drip

.Cough first thing in the morning and feeling sick.

.Constant throat clearing

.Sensation of Mucus stuck in the throat.

.Nasty Taste in the mouth.

.Burning sensation in the throat.

.Mild sore throat.

.Mild Ear ache.

.Burning sensation between chest bone.

.Mild Burping and sick feeling in stomach.

I have discussed this with my Doctor who to be quite frank just tells me

to take 2 x 20mg of Omeprazole if it gets bad, this seem to to have a 

small amount of relief, but not for long.

I had the Camera and it picked up that i had inflammation  on the stomach lining, but that was about it.

I should also metion that i suffer Mild Ocd which Manifests in to Heath Anxiety and i lock onto that and  am constantly Web searching, which then scares me even more.

I do admit that i am slightly overweight and i do like my food (all the wrong types).

I live on my nerves as it is, so could stress contribute to the symptoms, 

i know it sounds pathetic but this is ruining my life and driving my family

mad.

Please Help!

Andrew

as well

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi andrew i feel really sorry for you and what symptoms you are experiencing .

I suffer with nearly all that you have .bad anxiety .

Have barretss osaphagus .panic attacks .

But i really think your anxiety is playing a massive factor . As what most people do with anxiety is over think everything so if you have this sensation you think what is it .or why is it happening to me .

Your body is constantly on adrenalin . If your feeling it or thinking about it you will constantly have it the more you think of these symptoms you will always have them .its a really hard 1 to deal with .i take 2 omeprazole a day .i think the best step for you is your food .really change your diet up that will play a massive factor in your symptoms.

Eat clean .lots of vegetable healthy home cooked meals .drink plenty of water .if you eat chocolate and drink lots of alcohol .cut it out or try to stop it completely . Avoid to many takeaways .cut out fizzy drinks we are what we eat..also exercise is great for your mind especially people with anxiety as it takes your mind of things you are going through or thinking about give yourself a goal . .you will then focus on i need to get fit or what am i going to do today to excercise .dont eat late at night before bed and dont lay down for 3 hours before bed . Sleep on left side . Try to Tell yourself as hard as it is you are fine .you are ok .i will be fine .think positive .try to change the way your mind thinks .

I hope you get better soon .

• Posted

I am in the same boat though not overweight. I've been dealing with this since Feb I've been to 2 ents and a gastro I feel like a cat chasing my tail. I've tried the natural stuff too like manuka honey and alkaline water. I've had laryngoscopes and now bc o of constant throat clearing I have a sm polyp that needs to be removedon one vocal cord from constant throat clearing but I can't seem to get the acid under control just when I think things r getting better I have a horrific swallowing mucous day so depressed I can't work a lot bc I have a hoarse voice I'm driving my family nuts too and it's my favorite time of year🎄I have my bed raised and watch diet just so sick of not getting relief or answers I'm sick of the word time And nexium is doing nothing I feel as well nasal rinse and steroid spray help but that's about it. The ent said absolutely no throat clearing if I get polyp removed says to swallowand sip water I'm trying to explain that it's like oil sitting on your throat and water does nothing

• Posted

Hi Andrew,

I pretty much suffer the same as you I'm on 20mg also but take 40 if feeling rough, I eat anything and everything and the only thing that works for me is walking . I'm 53 and on the heavy side drive a truck and only really get out n about on weekends but anxiety is definitely a major factor it causes all sorts of probs , try it you will know after 4/5 days 60-90 mins per day .. hope you get sorted ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.