LS and Thrush

Posted , 8 users are following.

Do you ever get thrush with your LS? Having watched the Drs video and him talking about the diease being multi conditioned. I believe I have thrush from sex. I thought my LS had flared up with thick scaley white patchs and itching. But having watched the video it doesnt look like that and I dont remember my LS being like this. I had it under control for two years previous.

I am treating for thrush at mo I am thankful at dermo clinic tomorrow.

I just wondered if anyone had ever had this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

HI,

I suffer from the dreaded thrush every month :-( and have done on and off for a few years i'm beginning to think it is connected to the LS am going to ask my consultant when i next see her.

I started a specific pro-biotic last month so fingers crossed this will help

let me know how you get on :-)

• Posted

Thanks I will, I have ordered prebio7 capsules to take and see if that helps. I have ibs so anything to improve my gut/goid bacteria has to be worth it!
    • Posted

I'm taking OptiBac Probiotics - For women so far so good , am keeping my fingers crossed :-)
    • Posted

Hi,  If you have recurring vaginal infections its highly likely  that you have a Candida problem, which will not just go away without treatment (Google Candida) 

Causes of candida can be many, a weakened immune system, too much sugar, overuse of antibiotics, and a few others.

I happen to believe that thrush and LS are strongly connected.  I also believe that if you have oral and vaginal thrush for example at the same time, then your more likely to have a flare up of Lichen Schlerosus, I know other people have posted much the same on this site.

• Posted

Hi Guppy,

Thanks for the reply I  have seen op many doctors over the years for Candida, and have had countless pessaries and oral treatments, which does clear the thrush up only for it to return the next month, i came off the pill as one doctor thought that could be making it worse. Another doctor has said its possibly down to monthly hormonal changes, and prescribed a 6 month course of Fluconazole, only for it to return after the 6 months. I have had a lot of antibiotics in my past for different things and I definitely think this has contributed to it. I have started the probiotic and i am trying to keep sugar out of my diet as much as possible in the hope I can get the upper hand.

I am beginning to think thrush and LS are connected

• Posted

i think you are starting up a good schedule for yourself.

keep us informed and very best wishes

• Posted

Unfortunately my days of love making are long gone. Have thrush constantly and it's due to an imbalance caused by LS and using steroids. Hope this helps x
  • Posted

I was initially treated for thrush. I am using dermovate and epaderm for LS but am certain I have vulvodynia! As pain not going and seems to spread to thighs and pelvic area. Has anyone else got both? If so any treatments that are effective?
  • Posted

Adding to this discussion - I have had thrush many years ago.  At the time I had to no longer eat anything fermented.  I no longer have my female organs, however, today, when I eat a piece of cheese, my Ls flares up.  

Are there other people with these kind of similarities?

• Posted

I've had LS and frequent thrush my whole adult life. Long before the LS was diagnosed, a wise pharmacist told me thrush is caused or made worse by 1. sugar, 2. friction (sex), and 3. stress. So true. It creates a vicious cycle with LS. I keep a tube of Canestan in my bathroom. If I feel the slightest beginning of yeast (before I see any cheesy bits) I use the cream topically and a bit internally. Like if I have what I think might have been a bit too much sugar and, say, a bad night's sleep – doesn't hurt to do an application.

And I eat really good live cultures yogurt every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.