LS labia minora shrinkage/fusion

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi,

I've been photographing my vulva/labia over the last 6-8 months so I can track the changes. I have noticed my labia minora shrinking/fusing. I'm 45 and I've entered the menopause (hysterectomy 4 years ago and hormones indicating menopause stages). 

I've noticed a number of women on here mention their labias shrinking fast, my question to you ladies is what sort of timeline do you classify as fast?

Also does anyone have any insight into whether the shrinkage continues after menopause?

Thanks,

Samantha

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam

I've notice my labia minors shrinking and fusing rapidly to me over the last two months. I am 55 and just starting menopause. I am sure hoping it will slow down.

• Posted

Hi Samantha

I'm 55 diagnosed last year been using Dermovate. Down to a maintenance amount.

My labia is shrinking it feels like it's being reabsorbed into my body. When I apply the steroids ointment I gently pull it back into shape. I use emuaide and baths to keep it supple. I try to go commando style were possible.

Diet helps low sugar dairy free and low wheat. And staying calm and watching Peter Kay all helps.

Kay

• Posted

Hi Kay,

I think your routine is similar to mine. I've been using Dermavate for 18 months now but I don't agree with it so the dermatologist wants me to try Protopic 0.03% (child level 😳). I also use Emuaid, coconut oil and rinse with bicarbonate of soda. 

From the photos over the last 6-8 months I can see a difference, although slight it does appear to being absorbed. I too try and separate what is there when I can.

i am relatively low sugar (but I do drink wine and occasional diet soda which I'm trying to reduce), low or no dairy and low on wheat.

ive had the Mona Lisa touch but they didn't do it on the inner labia fusing parts. I must say I've been very happy with the results on the outer labia and other areas. 

I'd like to hope that we can slow down the shrinkage and very interested to hear the experiences of others.

thanks, Samantha

• Posted

Oh and I forgot to mention, yep.... Commando I am too as often as possible!!
    • Posted

Hi I have stopped wine as it's never really suited me I do have the occasion gin and soda strange combination but low sugar.

Very interested in the Mona Lisa touch was this in the uk? How long ago.

Kay

• Posted

Where I am staying we only have access to wine so we are quite limited. No I had the MLT overseas as my husband is based overseas so I was able to do it there on the insurance x
  • Posted

My gyno recommended dilation and it works.  Next to baking soda baths and rinses.
    • Posted

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, at what stage of shrinkage? I don't have any problems with sex at the moment, thanks 
  • Posted

Another thing my dermatologist has changed the Dermovate for a moderate one just started using it.

Kay xx

• Posted

Thanks Kay, I think if your under control then it's good to try and lessen the steroid. My dermatologist changed mine to Protopic but has also given me Betnovate I case I can't tolerate Protopic. I haven't started using them yet. Good luck x
  • Posted

I have had LS diagnosed for two years now and have had 10 bad flares in this time. I have noticed my labia shrinking and fusing. My left labia has basically gone and about two thirds of my right labia has gone. It looks like it has all wrinkled up and fused together with itself. I have recently started massaging into the area an emollient ointment that the doctor gave me and it seems to be helping the condition of the skin. Even seems to be loosening up the folds a little. I'm wondering if this might help either stop or even reverse a little bit of the fusion damage that has been done. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

To unfuse - the best result I had was with baking soda baths and rinses.  Have you tried that?
    • Posted

Hi Hanny I have not tried baking soda but am considering using a spray bottle with baking soda and water after using toilet. What is the quantities?
    • Posted

I use three pinches in my spray bottle, and 1/3 cup in the bath.
    • Posted

Sounds similar to mine. I think the bicarbonate of soda is starting to help mine now (finally) 😊
    • Posted

Samantha, I just looked at pictures from 2014.  There is no comparison.  Almost completely fused up then, and today fully functional. 
    • Posted

How long do you sit in the bath for? Also how do you keep from getting yeast infections ? I thought baking soda raises pH and the vagina is supposed to have a low pH.
    • Posted

Baking soda helps balance the pH. Makes the body less acid.  LS thrives in an acid environment. 
    • Posted

Hi! I was wondering if the emollient helped, and if so, what is the name of it? I have a similar situation- my left labia minora has fused/shrunk to just a nub, Good luck to you. Hope you had success!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.