LS & Vaginismus & botox

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I have been receiving treatment for LS from a dermatologist and a gynaecologist and after 3 years I finally have it under control. As a result of suffering with this since I was 16 I have developed Vaginismus due to it being so painful to have sex from the LS! I've been using creams and dilators to help with this but I'm not getting very far with it. My gynaecologist has suggest I got private and have botox to cure this so I was wondering has anyone else on here had this? I am so desperate to get my life back I lost my long term partner due to this and I want to have a life and a relationship but I can't until I can cure the Vaginismus. Thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm responding not because I have had the same experience, but to sympatize with you.  LS is a disease that affects people in their personal relationships, which is altogether brutal. 

I have stuck mainly to simple methods:  globetasol, coconut cream, baking soda, dilation, diet.  Just to keep it under control.  I'm almost 65 and should not complain at this stage in life. It was only last year that I was totally 'stitched up' by the fusions.  And today, after a dilation procedure, and the combo of things mentioned above, I'm back to reasonably normal.  Though it's a constant maintaining and there is no allowance for slacking or taking it easy.  

I would encourage you to read the various topics on this forum.  Perhaps it sparks thoughts about a simpler solution you had not thought about trying.  Most things take a long time to really show improvement.  It takes determination and diligence for sure.    

I wish you WELL.

• Posted

Hi Jen

I use dilators to get my confidence back and coconut oil which can be used as a lubricant and after a long time without sex have had success with this.

• Posted

Have you  seen a device called a vagi wave - I have no idea if it works  but do check it out  on line. There are some who believe a period of counselling will help as well- as it can be a "fear" response in some cases. Ask to be referred to a sex therapist

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.