lumbar puncture

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been in real bad pain in head and neck since my lumbar puncture last July I've since found out I have a bulging disc when mri was fyne it's a joke and having stroke symptoms also have migraine

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you think that the lumbar puncture caused these symptoms?  I had a blood test injury two years ago and was left black and blue with stabbing, neuralgic pain, pins and needles and numbness from the blood test site 

to my fingers, hand and shoulder.

• Posted

Yes I've been having many symptoms since lumbar puncture never in my life had I had seizures till laSt year and I've still got pain and my head and neck 9 months on and I've got an abnormal gait ie dropped right foot when he did the procedure he failed the first time in the foetal position and then got me over the chair I was crying in pain just wanted it to be over he touched a nerve in my foot and in my leg I'm still needing answers and I'm feeling frustrated
  • Posted

The so called professional who did this to you should have known to stop the procedure when he saw the distress you were in.  He should not have kept on trying.  I think you should report him for serious professional misconduct. You could also tell the hospital that you will contact the CQC or speak to your local paper about it if they refuse to listen to you.

I complained to the Practice Nurse and she laughed at my concerns when I showed her the photo of my injury.  She blamed the equipment and said that she had done this to someone else who ended up in A&E.  I developed IBS as a result of the trauma.  I plan to make official complaints about them in the hope that the Practice will have the good sense to sack them for my personal safety and that of the general public.  I can no longer bear the sight of these creatures let alone be treated by them.

• Posted

I'm the same I have no confidence in them what so ever after the procedure I couldn't walk I was collapsing having tremers I couldn't even stand in the shower with out my legs giving way they won't admit they messed up big time and now they are trying to say it's all in my head it's totally disgusting
  • Posted

I have a pseudo tumor cerebri also known as inter-cranial hypertension. It's where your body doesn't drain off spinal fluid like it should so it builds and builds causing debilitating headaches and headache is a far understatement. After some LP who should only be done in the fetal position if they were measuring your pressure or really for whatever reason. I've had about 8 some good some bad. Now I have a shunt that does it for me implanted in my spinal column and has a tube that comes around and drains in my stomach my point being I have a lot and although you could have had a spinal leak which causes severe pain sitting up or standing and I've had those before which requires a blood patch where they put blood back in the same hole to clot off the leak. I would get in touch with your doctor and see what they think.

Good luck!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.