Lump In My Throat All Of Sudden (Need some advice)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a lump in my throat well it feels like a lump when I am swallowing. It has just happened all of sudden in the last two days. I was finding it hard to swallow too. It a weird feeling. I am so worried after reading about throat cancer. I need some advice, please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carpophorus

Did you start feeling this after reading about throat cancer, or was it the cause of you reading about throat cancer?

If you're concerned about it make an appointment with your doctor, a medical check is the only way to be certain.

• Posted

It is still better to consult a doctor to check your throat for what it is.

• Posted

please dont assume the worst, I have never suffered anxiety in my life but I had a sudden onset that caused a sudden lump in my throat, and of course thinking of things it could be made my anxiety worse. It could be something very simple just get checked by your Dr. and I am sure youll be fine good luck to you

• Posted

Actually, I had a similar experience. It turns out, I had acid reflux that I was completely unaware of (which occurred mainly at night). I am scheduled to get an endoscopy in about a week to check for scar tissue build-up in my throat from the acid. In the meantime, the doctor prescribed Omeprazole (20mg which was then bumped up to 40mg) and I no longer have the feeling of a lump in my throat. I still want to get the endoscopy, though, to check for any additional problems.

It may be worth discussing this with your doctor. Wishing you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.