Lump in right breast

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

i am hoping someone is my age and have had the same experience.

I am 81 and last week when I was putting on my nightdress I noted a hard lump in my right breast, I went to my GP and he has fast tracked a referal, I have an appointment at my hospital on the 18th Jan 24, the GP also did lots of blood testes, they mostly came back ok, when the GP examined me he said its probably a build up of calcium, is there anyone elderly thats had this problem, would love to talk with someone

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

These calcium deposits are fairly common in elderly ladies and are totally benign. Your GP has done all the tests but has acted correctly in fast tracking you probably for a mammogram. All ladies of any age get anxious about breast lumps but the majority of lumps are harmless. Well done for doing the sensible thing and seeing your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.