Lump on back of head

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I hope everyone is good and well.

iam a 36 year old Male in good general health.

I noticed a spot/ingrown hair on the back of my head, this appeared a week or so after a haircut.

I left the spot to grow or build for a couple of days them my wife had the pleasure of bursting it and noticed the ingrown hair and quiet alot of puss had come out.

Two weeks have past and the spot has left a hard painless pea size lump.

This has left me a little concerned. is this normal, Has anyone ever experience anything like this?

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Its quite normal . Try massaging the lump every day and if it was just an ingrown hair it should gradually disappear. However, if you had an infected cyst it may refill and get infected again. They are easily removed by your doctor or dermatologist and are quite common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.