Lump/swollen lymph node in groin lower down bikini line between vulva and thigh join?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

I wasn't really sure where or what to post but after a recent doctors appointment I feel I need some clarity perhaps.

Lower down on my groin (bikini line) between vulva and thigh in the crease roughly...

I have a lump under the skin, it's been there for about 5 weeks now.

At first I left it in case it was a spot/boil forming or an ingrown hair or cyst maybe.

In the last couple of weeks it has got a little bigger/changed shape and it is only small, I can feel it with two finger tips wide.

It doesn't move as such, feels firm but not rock hard and just feels irregular and odd.

I mentioned all above to my doctor yesterday and they said they don't think its a cause for concern and possibly a swollen lymph node but has referred me for a scan which I am waiting for an appointment.

No blood tests have been taken or arranged which I thought was odd to rule out an infection maybe?

Considering it has changed shape and feels a little bigger.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or could advise possibly.

Apologies if I should ask elsewhere, please direct me.

Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Your doctor is doing all the right things so just go with the scan first. A blood test may come next. It could be absolutely anything . It could be a reaction to a local skin infection and will disappear as silently as it arrived.

• Posted

Hello!

I understand your concern about the lump you have noticed in your groin area. While I'm not a doctor, I can offer some general information. It's positive that your doctor doesn't believe it's a cause for concern, but it's always a good idea to follow up with a scan to gather more information.

Regarding your question about ruling out an infection, it's best to consult with your doctor about whether blood tests are necessary in your case. They are in the best position to determine the appropriate course of action based on your symptoms and medical history.

For more information and support, you can refer to the link you provided, "Lymph Nodes in Groin," as a trusted source.

Remember, it's always important to seek professional medical advice, and your doctor's referral for a scan is a step in the right direction. If you have further concerns or need more specific guidance, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional directly.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.