Lumps found on inside if thigh. Could they be related to DVT?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All.

I'm due to see a doctor next week to get a confirmed diagnosis for two lumps that I have found on my inner left thigh, however due to being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS I am rather inactive most of the time and now concerned these lumps could be an indication of DVT.

I'm a middle aged man and I've noticed recently that I have 2 bumps / lumps on the inside of my left thigh. I have no idea how long they have been there as I'm not usually one for checking my body for changes, plus having no family history of anything serious it's never occurred to me to check regularly. One is tiny and you wouldn't know it was there unless you really tried feeling for it, the other is bigger, I would say about the size of a pea, and has a very slightly darker skin coloured ring around a lighter colour, shiny centre. This larger lump has actually gotten smaller over the last week since it leaked a bit of bloody, watery stuff from it and I treated it with antiseptic cream. Both are just under the skin and cause no discomfort at all, and I can grab them and pull them away from my leg and move them around easily, if that makes sense. My left leg has felt a bit more achy for the last couple of days, but I've had a lot of leg aches and pains for the last few years since being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Other than that there are no other unusual and/or new symptoms to report, only the symptoms my Fibromyalgia and CFS cause me which I know of anyway.

I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts on this, just so I know whether I need to try and get myself into the doctors sooner than when my current appointment is booked.

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My dvt was not a lump, it was a swelling, it was red/inflamed and very painful to the touch, not anything like you are describing. A clot is deep vein, I dont think you would feel it and move it around and there is no discharge.

• Posted

Thank for the reply Viv. Sorry to hear you had a dvt, hoping you have fully recovered.

I'm more inclined to think the lumps are just cysts of some description, with my Fibromyalgia and CFS I feel very rundown a lot of the time, I also get a lot of stye's appear around my eyes, mainly the left one. My doctor has said that the likely cause of these is due to being run down from having to cope with my other diagnosis'.

Thank you again for your reply, much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.