Lupus?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Guys.....need to pick your brains.....

I'm a 40 year old man, who was very fit and active up util 7 weeks ago, I slipped a disc and on the back of that, I developed flu ache symptoms headaches etc.....I had the usual blood tests, which all come back normal.  My joints all swole up and I developed boney lumps on my knuckles and elbows. My doctor told me that my Vit D was really low and gave me 20000 unit tabets.  I asked him about RA, to which he stated my blood test came back clear. I got fed up with my doctor and booked to see a consultant rheumatolgist privately.  It was great, he noted all my symptoms and I gave him a brief run down of my Medical History.  He was able to point out that I had Chilblains on my feet, and diagnosed me with Raynauds as a secondary.  He was able to write to my doctor and another NHS consultant who I will be seeing, but he never ventured into another diagnosis until I get an all over CT scan.  Now my mother had a non specific connective tissue disease and her father had addisons disease. 

My symptoms are as follows:

Joint pain all over, more so in ankles, knees, hands, wrists, hips and shoulders.  Always cold.  Cant get quality sleep.  Night Sweats, Swollen Lymphs in my neck.  Knuckles starting to deform on my hands. Headaches and feeling like crap.  Oh and now Raynauds disease.

I have been googling, lupus but, I dont have a rash on my face.  My cheeks below my eyes have always been red, no matter how pale I get, but its not as bad as you see on the internet........

So guys, what do you think....your experiance and help would be grateful.  Thanks.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello. There's a strong possibility I may have Lupus and I don't get the butterfly rash on my face. However I have Raynauds, joint and muscle pains, night sweats and the Lupus Fog. I do have osteoarthritis in a lot of my joints which the rheumatologist keeps concentrating on and I have to constantly remind her of my other symptoms. Lupus is difficult to diagnose and not everyone who has Lupus has all of the symptoms. Have you had any blood tests or a spit test? I also had a dry eye test which was negative but my Antiphospholoid Antibody is positive. I don't know if any of this has helped you. 
  • Posted

For some reason my reply has been removed and is waiting to be approved by the moderator. I cannot for the life of me understand why. I may have to send you a personal message.
  • Posted

Hi ,Sounds to me that they should check you for underactive thyroid , or fibro myalga
  • Posted

Sorry, tried to repost Matrons reply, its being moderated???

The only blood tests I have had is the RA one and it came back negative.  The only thing that got shown up is the lack of vitamin D.  I do have a feint butterfly rash, but Im not losing my hair.  What is the eye and other test you where talking about?

I also have issues wih my hip and shoulders after I had a parvovirus 3 years ago.  This left me with Viral arthritis and those joints havent been right since....

• Posted

Two symptoms of Lupus are dry eyes and mouth. They put a small piece of soft paper under the bottom of the eye and measure how much liquid there is after a certain amount of time. Mine was normal but I do have a very dry mouth and didn't produce enough saliva in the 20 minutes they gave me. My hair loss doesn't cause bald patches but I do lose a lot.  As I said Lupus is so difficult to diagnose because not everyone has all of the symptoms. 
  • Posted

Sorry also my thyroid was checked, and it was normal.
  • Posted

I'm pleased that my reply to you has been passed as appropriate by the Moderator but I'm still left wondering why it had to be moderated in the first place. I wonder if someone could advise me? It would be good to know so if I've made an error I can ensure I don't make the same mistake again.
  • Posted

Don't be in to much of a rush for a lupus diagnosis there are other less

Severe ailments it might be ,it was 4 years off tests before they told mee that I had S.L.E that was in 2004

• Posted

Well, after months of testing and CT Scans etc,  My consultant has it fixed down to eith CFS or Fibromyalgia.  However he says it looking more like Fibromyalgia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.