Lymphocytes Low ?!?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone,

Not officially diagnosed yet. Short history of my situation...

Had what I thought was Bronchitis this past February. X-Ray and CT scan were abnormal. Follow up in July showed some mild changes/improvement in the nodes (Have several nodes on both my upper lungs). ACE blood test was normal, lung function test was good, sputum test came back positive for mycobacterium. I had a bronchosopy to obtain fluid under the assumption it was mycobaterium. Those results returned to be negative and the sputum test was considered a false positive.

My overall white blood cells are good with only low lymphocytes (0.80). I have reoccurring-mild and so annoying- oral thrush so my pulmonoligist ordered an Immune Deficiency test. My CD4, CD8 and CD3 levels are all low. There have been MANY blood tests done and all have be normal/negative. I have a few more pending to rule other things out.

Sarcoidosis is a possibility and back on the table now that mycobacterium has been ruled out.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have just found I have an interstitial lung disease. I am beginning this journey tomorrow. I don't know my exact dx yet but the CT scan was Not Good and I Flunked the PFT badly. My Lymphocytes have been consistently low for years. Not one dr seems to "mind". My CBC is always showing all 'cytes' low or too high. I have many of the symptoms of Lung Sarcoidosis . I'm very frightened. I hope you have found some answers by now. I wish you the "best". J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.