M27 - Hair extremely dry and thinner at the sides only

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

Around 3-ish years ago, I noticed my hair had become incredibly dry (a drastic change, it had always been naturally soft without the need to condition it). I've also noticed it has thinned on either side (not really anywhere else).

It doesn't seem to have thinned any more over the years since I first notices it, but I've tried everything to try and rejuvenate it.

I've tried taking biotin, collagen, vitamin D supplements. I've tried leave in conditioners, hair mask, not washing daily, not washing with any shampoo or conditioners. Nothing seems to show any improvement.

The thinning doesn't seem to be what would be associated with balding, its purely limited to the sides around the temple area. I've noticed my eyelashes are having issues as well, they grow in erratic directions (which I only started to notice when I was tired and they were noticeable in my field of vision - they fall out super easy as well)

I'm convinced it must be as a result of some deficiency, but I cant seem to find anything that works that I haven't already tried. I just get my hair cut super short now to make the thinning sides less visible.

If anyone has any advice, it really would be appreciated. I know dry hair and thinning sides isn't life or death but over the years it has made me feel self conscious.

Many thanks,

L

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.