Magnesium

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone no if you can take magnesium while taking amatrypline? 10/20mg of amatrypline with a small dose of magnesium?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Why do you need Magneseum ?

The dose you are taking of Amatrytrypline is quite quite small. 

• Posted

Hi coz I want to come off amatrypline and if I can use magnesium instead that would be great

• Posted

Hi

Amitriptyline is one of the older anti depressant drugs that was also found to help with certain types of pain.

You didn't say why you take Amitriptyline?

I take 10mg daily split half am/half pm for Anxiety plus high quality liquid Magnesium 300mg per day.

I am currently withdrawing the Ami by reducing down to 5mg each day then every second day as I don't want any nasty withdrawal symptoms. I will continue with the Magnesium and other supplements.

Either way, only you can decide whats best for you.

Let us know what you decide and good luck.

• Posted

Hi I take it for nerve pain,tension headaches. I've cut back down to 10mg tonight and also took 375 magnesium. I'd like to come off completely.

What do you take it for?

• Posted

I mean the magnesium what do u take it for? Is that for anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi

No I take the Magnesium as a health supplement. Magnesium is a mineral and it is very good for you. You can take magnesium with most other medications as it rarely interacts with them.

I will try an PM you with the details of a well known doctor who advocates the use of magnesium for lots of disabilities.

• Posted

Magnesium is very good.  I should do some research on it.  Would be interested in well known doctor!  it's great in a bath and apparently most are short of it.  I came of the Amitriptyline as had been told it is only supposed to be for short term use!  I was on it for 11 years.  Be very careful coming off it and really you should seek medical advice.  I was on it for osteoporotic pain and as a muscle relaxant.  Miss it, Ihave to say but pleased I am off it.

• Posted

Where do u get magnesium from as I've been taking magnesium oxide and have just learnt it doesn't work?

• Posted

Any good health food/supplement shop. They say you should have about 400mgs a day.For yr bath you can use Epsom salts or get fancy stuff on websites. Good luck. Let us know if it helps
  • Posted

Hi Numb

Ive just sent you a PM but I should have mentioned yes Magnesium oxide is not any good for your purposes. The next up in tablet form is Magnesium Citrate. Citrate is better than oxide but not as good as the liquid magnesium. Citrate is cheaper but the body's absorbtion is less than the liquid so £ for £ if you can afford it, is better spending on the liquid.

The amount of liquid taken is small eg 5cl per day but I must tell you the liquid tastes gastly but there are various ways to take it. Eg quickly with a small amiunt of water on mixed with say 500ml water and sipped through out the day.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.