Making myself anxious about Amitripyline

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I woke up thinking about going to the neurologist next week and started to get anxiety, I had it yesterday also when I was going to the store. I just finished cleaning some and sat down and felt like I couldn't to a deep breath which happens sometimes with my anxiety. So now I keep thinking it's the Amitripyline. It's the 5 day on it and the 3rd day at 10mgs. I don't know why I do this to myself, think it's the meds. I have been doing fine until this morning and then thinking about yesterday and the anxiety, but I know in my head I get anxious going out and cleaning cuz I'm so afraid of the dizziness. But the dizzibess has been better today. Does anyone else do this start to think about it and cuz your self to be more anxious and can't get air right? I'll keep on with the meds coz 5 days isn't that long. I hate anxiety and how it messes with your thoughts and fears

Guess ill be talking to the psychologist about this next week

Thanks for your help and listening

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't be so hard on yourself. I can put myself into a really stressful panic attack through thinking what if and maybe this will happen or that will happen and if I get any sign of being woozy or of balance then that's it I blow it up out of proportion and can't function properly till it passes.  You should give the Amatriptaline a chance but you know your own body and if you feel wrong about taking it then phone your DR or a Pharmatist.  You've done 3 days.      Ask about a stress management program.      
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. Things went from bad to worse. About an hour ago it got extreme and my entire body started to shake, my head and neck went numb, I couldn't use my legs, had to lay on the floor, head fill with pressure, vibrations thru my body, felt is if I was being thrown back and forth, the felt like I was hanging upside down. So I won't be taking the Ned again, will call the doc on Tuesday. I've never had an anxiety attack like that. I'm sure it's the meds.
  • Posted

Amelytriptoline  dose not suite everyone. Dose not suite everyone including me.  You do seem to be suffering.      Get onto Pharmasist or DR first thing. Tomorrow.

have a goof night 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.