Man boobs and belly fat, Klinefelter Male. How do you get rid of it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there. I'm a 22 year old male and was diagnosed with klinefelters syndrome last summer. Prior to my diagnosis I spent about 1.5 years online, researching all of my symptoms. Finally I came across XXY syndrome and instantly knew this had to be me, then went to the doctor about it and got diagnosed and got on TRT.

But even before I started researching, I was working out to gain a grip on life, to get over depression, low self esteem and get rid of my excess fat on my body. Although I made some gains on my arms and overall body posture, I was never able to get rid of the belly fat and man boobs, even after a slow 3 month calorific deficit cut. I quit working out for 2 years. To this day I still have my man boobs and belly fat. Even though I'm on TRT now and working out my body hasn't changed much. And now that it's already febuary I'm starting to stress out about my body situation for the summer. I do not want to spend another summer anxious and ashamed of my man boobs and belly fat. So I'm wondering.. will liposuction and gynomastia help me? And will they stay like that or will it ever come back again? And can I get it paid for? Because lipo I heard is around $5,000 and Gyno is around $2,000 and that's a big hit if it's coming out of my pocket. Since its a syndrome maybe I can get it partially covered? Im living in BC, Canada. Any KS guys go through this before?

Anyways... this is a big thing for me. I don't want to pay for it really but if I have to I will. I would do anything just to not go back to having depression. Ive had it all my life until I started TRT. My life was utterly disappointing..

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont know anything about Canada's health system. Have you checked to see if they can help you based on your xxy status. Have you checked with your doctor about your man boobs. I have read about other xxy's having the surgery . I don't know anything about costs.

One caution about having man boobs , you still have to do self breast exams, because some men can develop breast cancer. If you start to leak or you feel a pea sized lump, in that area, go to your doctor immediately.

Belly fat is one problem with men with Klinefelters. I have belly fat, but I never had man boobs. Even when I lost 88 pounds, I still have belly fat.

But I think I mostly have excess skin left over from my weight loss.

I lost weight because it was not body fat but water weight. I had chronic kidney disease end stage 5 in 2014 and eventually went on haemodialysis or dialysis to remove the excess water in my body. I have 2 genetic kidney .disorders. I was diagnosed in 1989, so I knew one day I would be on dialysis .

Body shapes vary among xxy males, when I went to the xxy convention in Colorado last summer, most men were tall , some were overweight, some looked slim, I was the only Hispanic male and I am only 5 feet 5 inches tall, or 165 cm.

Is there a xxy support group in Canada. There are several in the US, UK and Australia. In the US, there is an organization that combines 2 groups, KSA and AAKIS,, under one name , I think it is called AXYS, it is a genetic organization. They have resources that can direct you to someone who may be able to answer your questions.

Don't be discouraged.I used to use barbells and other gym equipment to help reduce my weight. It toned my arms, legs, chest and back, but did nothing for my belly fat

In the US, there is a place that reduces belly fat by a cool method. No surgery is required, but there is a cost. I forgot the name of the company.

My female cousin went through lipo and it was bloody, but it works.

Like I stated above, check with your doctor to see if the Canadian health system can pay for your surgery based on your 47 chromosomes.

At least you will know how much your cost can be and how much you will have to save before the surgery can be done.

Good luck.

I am not a doctor. I live in the US, in Colorado. That organization for xxy's also has an adult support group online,although I have not got on it yet

• Posted

Sir John,

Can you please share the details for support groups you know or you are the member and their method to join? I also want to join them and wanted to be updated about latest progress about our disease because I am living in a third word.

Thanks

• Posted

Genetic .org or try National Institute of Health, or medlineplus. The first one is an non medical organization, but are connected to some hospitals and doctors. The NIH is a medical health organization and the latter one is a medical website for NIH.

If you live in the US, check you local hospital or medical society to see if the have a xxy. I know there is one in Baltimore Maryland, the one in Aurora Colorado is geared towards young children at Children's hospital, where I am from. Its called the eXtraordinarY. Kids Clinic, look up xxy studies by Nicole Tartaglia, she is a doctor at that clinic.

Every hospital has different rates for a particular surgery, so check around while has the cheapest rates.

Pre exising conditions may be covered by your insurance, but I don't know if you are covered where you live.

I don't have breast tissue, so I don't know what is it is to have man boobs. I lost alot of belly fat, but I assumed it was belly fat, when it was actually water retention. I have 2 genetic kidney diseases and my kidneys failed so I assumed I was obese. Once on dialysis, I lost the belly fat but

left with loose skin which looks like belly fat.

I used free weight years ago and I toned my legs ,arms, back, but it did nothing for my best or stomach area.

Now, since I am on dialysis, I lost all my physical strength in my arms and my legs. I still have some back muscles but nothing like before. I also have a lot of loose skin on my legs. According to the dialysis center, I lost 88pounds if water.

But I was told I can use only use 5 to 10 pound weights, now that I am on dialysisb because it may tear my fistula.

Good luck in finding a way to get rid of your excess fat and boobs

• Posted

Work out harder, you are still a man with a penis. You have to drive harder and the results will come, as long as you have chest muscles you can turn the man boobs into muscles. The bad news is, you will have to keep it up otherwise you will go back to the beginning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.