Maroon blood in stool very dark

Posted , 2 users are following.

i usually get bright red blood when i go loo and if i strain as i have hemorroids. Today i went to the loo no straining but the first part of my poo was maroon postive it was blood like really dark maroon. sorry for the tmi. The rest of the poo was normal but that first part has me so damn worried. please share tour views.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure it was blood? Some foods can cause your stools to change colour, like beetroot. You can have a stool test done to check if it really is blood.

If you are sure it was blood, I would see your doctor, especially if it is continuing to happen. Blood becomes darker when it's old, so generally the darker the blood, the further up the digestive tract that it's coming from. If it's very high up like from a stomach ulcer, it can make your stools turn black. If it's very low down like from a hemorrhoid or anal fissure, it will be bright red. If it's maroon, it's probably more likely to be coming from the colon.

• Posted

Hi it was definately blood. more like luttle bits of blood stained mucas. so on edge feel depressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.