Meatloaf

Posted , 4 users are following.

I made a meatloaf tonight and it was delicious. First time in several years. My wife overslept and I started it at 6:30pm. A small victory is my derive circumstances. Yes, I really suffered while making it but in the end she and I were very happy with the outcome. Time to rest and fall asleep during a movie.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's great. It's a victory when you can do something that you used to be able to do when you were healthier.

Take care

Tracy

• Posted

This made my day and it’s only 11am. What is meat loaf though lol !! Well done. Luv us sharing little success 
    • Posted

Very easy to make though it was a very bad struggle for me. 2 1/2 pounds give or take, chopped onions, chopped bell pepper, salt, pepper, 2 eggs, little milk, bread crumbs ( you can buy it in a powdery form, I put a little BBQ sauce in it, ketchup, or just be creative with your seasoninsurance like beefy oion soup mix or whatever else. Mix it all together in a big bowl ( I used a big stove top pot), spray a little bit of cooking spray in a big casserole dish and rub it around evenly, then transfer the meatloaf to the casserole dish and shape it into a loaf like bread flattening it out evenly. Leave space all around the meatloaf to where it's not touching the sides of the casserole dish then cook on 350° for an hour and a half and it should be done. You'll know it's just like checking your burgers to see if they are done. You can have mashed potatoes and greens on the side. Leftover meatloaf sandwiches are good. I eat plenty of ketchup on my meatloaf. Most people do. There you go Brenda. Good luck. You can also look online for help. Mine was just by memory because I used to love to cook. The bad news is that I suffered extremely bad using my arms and trying to look down. Man did I suffer through the night BUT I just ate leftovers and man was it good the second day.

• Posted

No more cooking and washing a casserole dish. Any use of my arms makeso things much worse. Burning back, shoulders, neck, arms, left leg, chest and head. I am super RED. Took 10mg of hydrocodone and 800mg of ibuprofen just now. I know it'sounds not a good mix but I don't care. Whatever happens to my liver happens. I'm done and ready to go. No victory here when all I do is suffer around the clock in a constant flare up everyday now. Yes, it's around the clock. Muscle spasticity or constant chronic muscle spasms are relentless and also around the clock. Back to my couch coffin. My wife is heading to town. She really wanted me to go and get out and just ride not going in anywhere. Just lay in the car. Unfortunately I can't leave my house. 2yrs now and counting. My social life is the docs I've seen. I know that'snot good, even 2 docs told me that, like they really needed to. I already know. God help me please if you hear me!!!!

• Posted

Hey, at least you tried!  And you made my mouth water, I used to take meatloaf sandwiches to the job I loved. Oh I wish I was back there again. Gosh time flies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.