Medication for stomach pains/feeling sick from anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a huge fear of being sick and any sort of stomach pain I get I associate with being sick. This just sets off a vicious circle of worrying about the pain which causes more pain etc etc.

Does anyone know of any medication to help reduce the pains or just settle the stomach?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It depends on what kind of pain/What the pain is coming from. I would suggest something simple first like a tums or something. (antiacid) If it is something you have happen a lot I would suggest seing your doctor. also maybe talk to your doctor about the sickness anxiety. Maybe he/she could prescribe you a as needed anxiety medication. My mother was put on them and it was a huge help!!! I really hope I helped in some way. I hope you feel better. If you want to talk or ask any more you can here or you can private message me. smile 

• Posted

Aaron

Visit a chemist first and they will suggest overcounter preperations, if it goes on over any extended period talk to your GP.

Depending on what you eat is something upsetting you there.

Are you bunged up or very loose, if this is the case talk to your GP as if you start loosing liquids you will become dehydrated see your GP

BOB

• Posted

There are over the counter medicines as well as prescription meds.

However i found the best relief for nausea was Ginger tea... I dont like ginger at all but after constant nausea last year i was desperate.. 10 mins after 1 cup .. low and behold it worked.. i couldnt believe it... It tastes ghastly to me but i always have ginger tea bags on my shopping list now. At first i wä buying the expensive ones as i thought they would be best.. But Tesco's own lol work just as well 😊

• Posted

ginger. Raw ginger sliced. Dip in hiney to tolerate the bitter taste. Been around forever and work very well.
  • Posted

I get stomach pains really bad with my anxiety. What I do is drink traditional medcinals nighty night tea because it's meant to calm you. If I have ginger and/or peppermint tea I'll add that with the night tea. Chamomile is also good to relax your body. As far as taking something I take passion flower supplements or herbal supplements with passion flower in them. I do not like taking pharmaceuticals so this my way to avoid them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.