Meiners?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had an attack of what my Ent thinks was an inner ear infection or meiners 7 months ago. It began with bubbling in my right ear for a few days then one day my ear just became full and a swishing sound in my ear. The next day I began to have dizziness not vertigo. Just a really bad dizziness which didn't go away after a few days of all of this my doctor put me on prednisone and it finally went away. During this I had a hearing test and my hearing was affected but after the hearing test came back perfect. No loss in hearing. Since this I have had dizziness daily. Some worse days and some good days. Also I have episodes where my dizziness gets worse, I can't sleep I feel tired but no matter what I do I can't fall asleep, my eyes will move back and forth when I try to sleep also but not during day. My ear bubbles a little too at times and when I try to run I can hear bubbling in my ear. I don't have any typical signs of meiners like ear fullness, hearing loss, vertigo, ear noises. What can this be? Meiners?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Menieres Disease, usally has vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss, but some people dont have all three symtoms, unfortunately I do,

Took the Medics two years to diagnose Menieres.

May be wait and see if you have any more dizzy attacks, full rotational vertigo is horrendous, I wouldnt wish it in my worse enemy!

• Posted

I don't have the vertigo. When it first started I had an episode of dizziness when I felt like I was being pushed down but no spinning. Doctors don't understand what is going on with me. I am really suffering from the insomnia and eye twitching at night. Also the constant dizziness is inhibiting my life. I have called in so many times at work I'm afraid of losing my job. I've had MRI found nothing. I have now been referred to neurologist and balance center. I just know its my ear. The bubbling sound makes me feel it is my ear. I'm afraid of waking up everyday and that feeling coming back again. Is there any other ideas anyone has for me. What could this be. I know alot of u have been going through this long period of being diagnosed. Maybe someone can help. Thanks so much
  • Posted

Hello Kellie,

Has anyone suggested you have your ears Syringed, it's a simple procedure and could help. At least it will eliminate and physical reasons for the bubbling.

Best wishes

Pauline

• Posted

Meiners it is not so eazy to diagnoze. You need to make all tests and then it diagnozed by hystory when all other possobilities eliminated.

What you need to do now is rest. Try to go to the park or relax in SPA , pool or what ever you like.

You can not sleep because you nervious. It doesn't metter if you are having Meiners or any thing else, you need continue search for diagnostics with doctors, but you also have to change your life.

Tinitus, headaches, pressure in the ear , dizzeness and all other symptoms can be significly minimized by resting, relaxing and removing stress in your life. It is only way to balance up. For most of us it is sounds like old son , but trust me, it is a best cure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.