Memory loss primaly thought due to B12 def, but still persist after a " successful" treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I have a lingering question that maybe some of you will be able to answer: what kind of illnesses are characterized by memory loss ( weakened memory retention as well as inefficient memory forming).

First of all, memory problems are not the only symptoms I am experiencing, the other being a limited range of motion in both ankles, due to that difficulty walking, deformity of feet and now it seems as back is deforming due to weird posture and walking habits because of the limitation in ankles.

I have been diagnosed with b12 deficiency a quite a long time ago, and I did get shots and also drank sublinguals for a prolonged periods of time, and now my levels are beyond the optimal. Then quite recently I was also diagnosed with vitamin D vitamin, which I am now drinking on and off ( I don't want to overdo it as I heard that excessive D vit in blood may cause Calcium def or something), and now my levels are sufficient but not optimal.

So, my question for you all is maybe you have an idea what could cause quite sever memory issues in young adults ( I'm in my mid 20's, but the issues started when I was 20 year old) as well as these weird muscoskeletal symptoms like disturbed gait, pain in body etc. ( I tested for Lyme too as this illness is known to mimick thousands of other conditions, but the test came back negative).

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nobody has any ideas?

• Posted

Are you taking any medication ? Before you had these problems did you take any antibiotics or cold turkey any medication ? The reason i ask is because i toke a medication that caused extreme memory loss and loads of other symptoms....take care ..

• Posted

Hi, how are you getting on? I also have memory problems, have B12 every 2 months,even tho all blood tests tell me i am optimum levels. I also have ME/CFS and Fibromylagia , both of which has many symptoms including memory issues. Do you have a lasting fatigue of over 3mths? i see you tested negative for Lyme which is good.

Hope you are feeling better than a few weeks ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.