Meniere's episode lasting more than 8 days?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a massive MD episode on Christmas Eve and I still have massive vertigo has anybody had it this long in a row???

Could it maybe be Ice Crystals AND Maneirs???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Having this over such a long period usually means that you are having several episodes back to back.

The crystals involved in MD should not be confused with ice crystals.  Two completely different things.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Thank you so much! I was concerned it may be also Ice Crystals since I'm fine unless I tilt my head left or back. Down and right are fine (now). Still laying in bed is difficult if I turn from my one side to the other.

It was off since I never got tinnitus prior to my episode. I wonder if back to back episodes means my "journey" is just getting started sad

• Posted

Your episodes appear to be dependent on head position, and are not spontaneous.  This is not typical of Meniere's Disease.  How did your doctor reach the diagnosis?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

An acute Meniere's attack is not supposed to last more than 24 hrs so seek professional advice asap.

• Posted

Yes I have. It's horrible. You need to get a valum and anti dizzy meds, no caffeine or alcohol. Low sodium. Lots of rest. There is extra stress this time of year too. Call your Doctor if you can't get it under control.

• Posted

Thank you Angela: ) this is debilitating: (

Spent Christmas alone not wanting to ruin it for anyone .

I went out to dinner tonight.. as we were driving.. ringing in ears (knowing what comes next...)

How have they not found a cute?

I'm a rare case.. caffeine or salt is not a trigger. Odd. But stress is.

• Posted

Yes stress is a trigger for me too. So sorry. I hope it helps knowing your not alone. Going through the same thing. I have been taking Epson Salt bathes to help me relax. The extra magnesium is really good for us. It helps with Stress. Do something good for yourself. Happy New Year.
  • Posted

I HAVE MENIERE'S EPISODES NOW 7 MONTHS ITS CHRONIC

• Posted

Dymond, do the episodes come and go??? Mine seems to be only when I tilt my head a certain way, that's why I was wondering if maybe this time it was Ice Crystals (ear rocks) on top of my MD.

• Posted

happy new yer.it comes an goes but,my ears never changed.Turning the head also brings on 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.