menieres and benefits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi does any one know if menieres sufferes can get benefits if they are unable to work due to this condition

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Because of the fact that I kept falling, had chronic migraine headaches, and had become very sensitive to noise, I did end up with a social security disability. The headaches are less now but when I am exposed to noise they do come back so it is doubtful that I will be able to work again. If you are disabled for 2 years , by the present rules, you also become eligible for medicare. You do have to provide very good documentation.
    • Posted

Hi Donna, was wondering what documentation do you need, only asking as I'm going for a tribunal and wondered what I needed to show them? Many thanks

sarita x

• Posted

Basically what I got was one heck of an extensive questionaire. Part of it included how frequent my headaches were (how many in a month, how long they lasted, what helped , what didn't) How many falls, vertigo attacks in a week, how this is impacting your life/work, any associated symptoms such as noise intolerance.etc. Any adjustments you had to make in your life such as now using a cane, things that you no longer can do that you did before. I can no longer dive, ride a bicycle, jog. I have to avoid places that are noisy. Those kind of things. Be as complete as you can. Social security then sent me to one of their physicians for a complete physical. Since one of the falls injured my back, I couldn't pass some of the things he wanted me to do. Most people who try for disability with social security get rejected the first time. You may want to contact one of the lawyer groups that specialize in this. I still did most of the work but they did the filing. Social security decides how much they can charge you, I believe my bill was 300.00.
  • Posted

Just got fight with my bosses. Asked to short one day a week.

They say that they want to bring replacement and want me

to teach her. What should I do?. I cannot cope with too much

noise.

• Posted

I have been wearing ear plugs when I have to be around a little too much noise. I can still hear enough to get by. If you must train someone to do a job share that may be an option-or are they trying to get rid of you outright?
  • Posted

Deborah, Ky turned me down for disability, I have severe menniers falling, fullness in ears, constant ringing, and headaches. Ky said I could be a sit down packager . Needless to say this also has resulted in anxiety and depression . Can someone help me, also any thing you have found that helps with fullness and ringing. This disease has drastically messed my life up.
    • Posted

If I were you , I would get a lawyer that specializes in social security disability. It may have been partly my age but the chronic migraines and sound sensitivity (which I believe were causing the headaches). I applied through the lawyers and three months later I had it. I think it is just they make sure all the paperwork done as completely as possible.
  • Posted

Hi I have applied for pips and got turned down so I went to the tribunal and won my case on both the living and mobility components. But after a couple of days the dwp wrote to me and said they are appealing against the courts so now it's a waiting game. They make it so hard for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.