Menstrual cycle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it normal to have a heavy period with clots when your on Eliquis?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about Eliquis but back in the day when I had my periods. I had clots. That were horriblely large!!!! They were very normal for me!!!

• Posted

Probably I'm on rivaraxaban and have been for a year. They are really heavy very similar to when you have had a baby. Keep an eye on iron levels and if tired or run down get blood test from doc.

• Posted

How do i check my iron or do i need to go to doctor for that?
    • Posted

I have had bariatric surgery and the surest sign if we are low on iron is we start craving and eating ice. Almost all the time chewing ice. Otherwise a blood test.

• Posted

being a bloke, i would be true to myself, use the internet or give into food cravings, handwash & spin dry clothes and eat full fat room temp Brussels paté or multivit & mineral supplement and plenty of dark green veg - preferbly grown by ex at allotment with chicken poop fertilisers

• Posted

Yes, sweetie, it's normal. That being said, you need to take supplemental iron or you will become anemic and end up in the hospital with a transfusion. Also, if you go see your gyn, they can do either an ablation to stop your periods or put in a progesterone iud, which also stop your periods. The difference is like day and night!! .

• Posted

Could that be why im cold a lot?
  • Posted

It has subsided back to normal i think. It was like that the first 2 days. But only a couple small clots the last day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.