Menstrual cycle pain and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know anxiety can cause a effect on periods I have been missing periods and having two periods a month and spotting for ages now it finally calmed down I was regular they turned so light and everything was spot on then last month I got severe pain where I could not walk it was like labour to be honest and ended up at hospital with suspected appendicitis but after been clear and my period came 5 days later the pain eases and everything was normal accept it was 3 days early.

now I'm having severe sharp kind of stitch pain in my stomach lower and belly button and chest area and I can hardly walk again I know the pain must be my period coming but I'm looking up and I came across something that can also make you infertile which might explain why I miss carried and now can't get pregnant my mother has had the start of cervical cancer twice and had laser treatment I think and that also is playing on my mind my body's in pain Diss anyone have very string period pain that's effecting them that's turned out from anxiety /stress ? Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steph, I think it might be a good idea to talk to you GP, or better yet gynaecologist, about this. I get super irregular periods when my anxiety's bad but with pain this bad it's better to get it checked out and if it's nothing to worry about then at least you might be able to get something to ease the pain when it starts up.

Best of luck,

Anya

• Posted

Thanks im making a appointment tommorow anyways just thought maybe it was anxiety causing it but I'm been refused smear ect because I'm too young and everything puts down to hormone but qhen I get a blood test they come back normal but will try again x
  • Posted

Hi Steph, this was what started the whole nightmare for me. Back around January time I had pains exactly as you describe- it felt like I was giving birth! I stupidly didn't go to A&E and I regret that now but it hurt so much I couldn't move and I just kept saying to myself il go if it doesn't pass soon. After about an hour it started to ease off so I just waited it out but it was like nothing I've ever felt before. Since then I've had very light periods - they only last 2 days max and this has triggered severe anxiety that nearly wrecked my life! Im convinced I'm infertile! (I'm 29, no kids.) The problems I've had since the pains COULD be anxiety but it's one of those things where it's difficult to tell which is the chicken and which is the egg! I don't think pain that severe could be caused by anxiety, but I've had swabs, smear, exam and ultra sound scan and nothing has flagged up so far. They just keep telling me its hormones but I havn't had a normal period in about 6 months so that's getting more and more hard to believe!
  • Posted

Get your doctor to prescribe EPOGAM.  This stands for Evening Primrose OIL and was highly recommended back in the 60's when it was and still is a natural product from the flower. Now it is on prescription with Epogam. Its 100% natural and should help you with your periods. Unless you are the second child of your mother you should not get the same cancer as it passes one child usually. Anyway do get the evening primrose as it can do you no harm. I use to drink gin in hot water with peppermint oil for the pain.
  • Posted

The lifestyles of all women are changing. Way back some 30 years ago they weren't living the same lives as they are in today's world. Not out half the night and teetering on 4" heels and drinking so heavily. They were never tattood and were not taking the pill or having sex with every boy in the town. Morals have dropped considerably. I am astounded to see how girls and women behave in Spain and on Jermy Kyle show I get amazed by what the women are doing with their lives today. Some have black teeth. Others have none at all. They dye their hair the colour of the rainbow and don't think of the chemicals they are putting into their bodies. Also makeup contains harmful ingredients and the makers just shrug and say what's already on the counters they will leave alone but the next batch will not contain the harmful ingredients! Unwittingly we put into our bodies many substances that will in time have a negative effect on our general health. All cleaning materials, washing and washing up products contain for instance METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE. This is extremely harmful and EU Directives have asked for its removal. But money comes into the picture every time. Do read ingredients on everything and beware and be aware of what you are using. Spend time looking them up and know what you are using and what is harmful. Chemicals can change the way your body functions. I hope the Evening Primrose Oil will help you. DO get it prescribed though as it costs a bomb.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.