Mental side effects from clarythromycin

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi! ive seen some posts in a similar thread but i wanted to start my own because i am in desperate need of some hope, i

took clarythromycin 250 mg for exactly 24 hours (750 mg total) before having the most severe panic attack of my entire life, it scared me so much i discontinued use right away but it feels like it was too late, im on day four after stopping and none of my symptoms have subsided. i have plenty of physical symptoms loss of appetite, diarrhea, light headed etc but its the mental side effects that are really taking over my life, im having near constant panic attacks, severe anxiety feelings of doom and depression, weird disjointed thoughts, the worst insomnia ive ever had (sleep for 20 minutes then wake up in a full extreme panic attack) and heavy dissociation, it feels like theyre sort of coming in waves, like i will feel better and like its subsiding and then im smacked with the horrible feelings again, i went to the urgent care today and they told me to wait atleast ten days before coming back and that is was anxiety and just to wait it out, but i am so absolutely terrified, i just want to sleep until its over but my brain wont let me, i am praying someone has gone through this and come out the other end and can reply and tell me how long it took them to feel themselves again, or when it just got bareable, my husband has had to call out of work to take care of me and im feeling very hopeless, please please if anyone has any experience with this

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.