Message from my doctor about drug interaction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I just got a vague voicemail from a receptionist at my Dr's office saying that the nurse who prescribed me Gianvi birth control over a week ago was concerned about it interacting with my Trazodone. I wasn't sure if the caller was suggesting I stop taking either pill, but she said to try a "backup". I called back, but was put on hold, then hung up on. When I called again the office had closed. This all happened in about a 15 minute window.

I currently take 25 mg (half of a 50mg) of Trazodone at night to help me sleep. I've searched any possible drug interactions between Gianvi (estrogen and progestin pill) and Trazodone and come up with nothing. Will Trazodone somehow decrease the effectiveness of my birth control? Anyone know why my doctor would send me a message like this??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It sounds like your GP is concerned regards contraindications.

You could try this site regarding these concerns or go on NHS Choices/Information and check up there what contraindications may show up or if the drugs fail to work well together or if the drugs have possibly been red carded.

You could also phone Tel 111 NHS Information , they may also be able to give advise or put you in contact with your GPs Night Stand in Service.

The other way you could try is to index each drug on the web and you may get information on each site

Whatever you decide an appointment with your GP on Monday is possibly recommended

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.