methotrexate injection vs tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

Am on 25mg /week methotrexate tabletsMy GORD has gone completely out of control ;acid in mouth 2 or 3 times a week causing choking and trouble breathingRheumatology nurse advises changing to injection.Will this stop this side effect?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Many people seem to find it improves the nausea aspect of MTX. Whether it makes a difference with GORD I don't know. You can only try.
    • Posted

Thanks;it would be nice not to feel nauseous.Had to miss the dose this week and amazed with what I had got used to.See my rheumatologist on Thursday so will quiz her.If do change have to go to hospital 1st December to be taught how to inject myself (fun ☺)
    • Posted

It's done subcutaneously so it isn't too bad - I've done heparin shots myself a few times. Even my husband did manage a couple though I usually did his for him. Mind and pinch the "fat roll" fairly firmly and it barely hurts. Heparin gives you very interesting bruises - you won't have that problem!
  • Posted

I injected for years. Did it myself. Very easy and painless.

Whether it will change your symptoms I don't know but it made a dfference to mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.