Methotrexate is making me sicker after 2nd dose. Is that normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sicker after 2nd dose. Is that par for the course?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes! Do you take tablets or injections? what’s your dosage? Injections are easier on the digestive system. I got soooo sick on the tablets! 
  • Posted

Yes, absolutely normal! The pills always made me very sick-switched to the injections weekly about 9 months ago. Altho it's much better than the pills, I still find that nausea seems to be an ongoing thing for me. Not enough to ruin my day but annoying-very similar to morning sickness!! Zofran helps if you can get a script from your doctor

• Posted

Hope you got my reply. Something is messing up my comments. Thank you very much.
  • Posted

Hi Linda-I didn't receive anything before the comment that said "I hope you got my reply, etc. " I hope you're feeling better tho!!

• Posted

I have been taking oral MTX for extreme eczema.   Lots of nausea so they are switching me to injections.  Hoping no nausea with this.  I will start injections as soon as Med arrive from specialty pharmacy.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.