Methotrexate, sulphasalazine not going too well

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and have been on sulphasalazine since November, and methotrexate for around 16 weeks and have had my dose upped once to 6 tablets a week and 4 sulphasalazine a week. the pain is everywhere, hands, feet, toes, ankles, elbows, forearms and spine. my pain at the moment feels worse than ever. I have just had a blood test and think j will begin injecting methotrexate once results are back.

has anyone had a similar journey, my rheumatologist said he would bet his career on making me better but I'm finding it very difficult to conceive at the moment.

anyone injected methotrexate after taking it orally.

could really do with some advice please, I'm 36 and I can't move most days, can't work and am exhausted.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.