Metropolol withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was taking metoprolol 50mg for almost 2 months but i couldn't take the side effects, any more so i stopped taking it about a week ago and now my body feels like i got hit by a train I have lots of anxiety my arms and legs feel like sandbags, muscle stiffness, and jitters. Has anyone else felt any withdrawal symptoms like this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

michael92386 have been off Metoprolol for 5 weeks now and dealing with horrific side effects. My heart rate is up and down. I have shakes, and bad ringing in my left ear for weeks. If I stand my heart rate will go to 120-155 BPM and then will settle down after I sit back down. It has to do with our Autonomic nervous system being out of whack since stoping the beta blockers. Our sympathetic and parasympathetic nervouse system is out of balance and our beta receptors are too sensitive. Now it is effecting our hearts and brain along with other organs. We now have hyperadrenergic pots. It is a waiting game and we all recover at different times. Most people are back to normal within a couple of weeks. But for the rest of us it can be a few months . I have even read about people going more than a year and still not recovered. This metoprolol, where it can be good for some, it can be deadly for others. And in our case life altering. If my doctor had told me the side effects to this drug, I would have never taken it. I have been bed ridden for 5 weeks, only making trips to my doctor. I have lost my job because of my inablity to work. I want my life back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.