Microdiscectomy at 20 years old,still have chronic back pain that is getting worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had a microdiscectomy at 20 following a prolapsed disc on L5-S1.12 years on my lower back is getting worse as I get older, a scan 3 years ago found that the same disc and the one above was degenerate.

Some days I can't get out of a chair properly or even walk properly as it feels I can't straighten up. Has anyone suffered the same problem?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm currently going through a slipped disc on my L5 s1 area. I feel for you as six months I've had this myself and currently awaiting surgery. Anyway a big problem for me is I can't get even close to standing straight and upright for months now. I've been told this is due to the strain and stress being put on my blood vessels nerves etc. Sometimes I lie face down on top of two or three pillows around my midriff for 20 to 30 minutes as this seemingly opens the vertebrate up a bit in my spine and takes pressure of nerves etc. Seems to help in a way for a little bit. Hope you get something sorted soon as cant imagine having to endure that for so long.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply,I hope your surgery goes well and helps relieve the pain for you.ill try lying face down in bed see if that helps me when it is painful,thanks for the tip
  • Posted

Does your pain get worse at night after falling asleep but feel better during the day? Do you feel like it is in your ribs and hips by chance? Your condition sounds different than mine but anything is possible. I'm just asking because I had severe back pain myself since 18yrs old and I'm 37yrs old now. I found out a couple years ago that I had an auto immune desease that causes my body to build inflammation and attack my back and hip joints. I'm pain free today after suffering for many years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.