Microscopic blood in urine, really nervous!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this subject so I thought to reach out to see if anybody has had a similar issue. I am currently 31yrs of age and have been having microscopic blood in my urine since 2020. Ive had numerous rounds of antibiotics that seem to make my dark urine go away and left it as is. Now my PCP suggested that I go see a urologist since the last round of antibiotics did not clear the blood. I've had 4 straight urine test with large amounts of blood found.

I had a CT scan done with no findings in my bladder, ureters, and kidneys. Only thing that was found was a subcentimeter renal cyst on one of my kidneys but, nothing that warranted additional testing. The urologist has suggested that I do a cystoscopy to see what is going on in my bladder. My anxieties have gone through the rough and almost certain that its cancer.

I have the cystoscopy schedule in about a weeks time and currently having dark urine even though I have been drinking water all day. I try to make it worth to drink more water throughout the day.

Is it possible to have bladder cancer even though nothing was found on the CT scan with contrast?

Has anybody else had this issue and what were your results?! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi, don't know if this is any help to you - 12 years ago after having cystitis on and off for ages and passing very dark cloudy urine I was sent for a cystoscopy and it was found that I had a small cancer tumour in my bladder. I had it removed and then given BCG treatment to stop the cancer returning and since then I have regular cystoscopies and in all the 12 years the cancer has only returned once and I had the same treatment and, thankfully, not come back. The surgeon told me that this type of cancer is the 'best' one to get as it is so very easy to cure. No chem is required for this type of bladder cancer and no cutting as it is all done in a similar way as a cystoscopy. Hope this is of help to you and good luck.

J

• Posted

Hello Jean,

i am glad to hear that you are doing better. If you dont mind me asking, did you have any ct scan done prior to the cystoscopy? Dr says there is little to no risk of cancer right now given the ct scan but, i worry once he gets in there it will be something different.

• Posted

Hi, no I did not have a scan just a cystoscopy. Every time my urine samples had blood in so this what alerted the medics. When having a cystoscopy the 'patient' can see everything on the screen and on the first occasion it showed a small anemone shaped growth which, odd to say, looked quite pretty - like something one would see at the bottom of the Ocean but sadly not good. IF it is a cancer then please don't be too concerned as the actual op is quick and, as I said no cutting as 'it' is taken away by the cystoscopy probe and no after effects from the op, You will be given a course of BCG treatment which is done as an out patient and is a bladder instilation and painless BUT keeps the cancers from coming back. Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask more if you need. Regards Jean

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I hope everything continues to go good for you and stay healthy.

Im really hoping and praying that its not cancer at all as nobody in my family has this and I am considered low risk but, still want to double check and make sure.

• Edited

Hi, I sincerely hope it isn't cancer BUT please do not get too distressed IF it is as it is easily and painlessly treated. When I first got the result I couldn't believe it but as soon as I was told it wasn't a death sentence and treatable I accepted it.

Anyway go and get it checked and so save you sleepless nights/ Good Luck.

JXXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.