Mid foot fusion is not going well for me at all

Posted , 3 users are following.

****greetings!

i had midfoot fusion on 3 joints im having such a hard time with being so immobile since i had this operation 3 weeks ago july 20 2022 its the non weight bearing for so long thats killing me and my back not being able to stretch out like i used to is making my arthritis in hands neck and so much worse i didnt know it would be this bad and im only 3 weeks in! WTF! plus im still having a lot of pain in the surgery foot especially the big toe i really hope i can make it through this long no weight bearing period with my sanity and my life in tact

every hour seems like a whole day and a day seems like a week! i hope someone out there can give me some encouragement i do not know a soul who has had this done and i feel so isolated thanks for any help from anyone out there im so sorry for being such a whiner its not me at all im usually easy going and fun loving also having such a hard time with the loss of independence!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How are you doing now? Which three joints did you have fusion surgery on? I had surgery on July 19, 2022. I had a subtalar fusion, talonavicular fusion and a revision (fusion) of the navicular cuneiform joint. I have been working on weight bearing for the past 5 weeks. It was slow at first because I developed an infection around the subtalar fusion incision from friction and swelling in the boot five days after starting weight bearing. I am walking with one crutch most of the time and a few steps without a crutch. I worry about my fusions actually fusing. My doctor said they are "progressing" and sounds optimistic, but I worry because this is the second foot surgery I've had in less than 11 months. I am so scared because it was 10 weeks last x ray and I was hoping it would be a lot further along.

• Posted

Hi, how are you getting on now? Ive had a similar op 2 weeks ago. It's totally your right to have whinge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.