Mid foot fusion of the third and fourth metatarsal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has had this done?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mary, I'm still recovering from 6 fusions on my right foot.  Those bones are very small and depending on the reason, arthritis, injury...ect, the recovery can be slow, and, if you're a high energy person like me, dibilitating.  I have a small business; A product I invented and was in my 3rd year in business.  It was really on the upswing and then the surgery.  The disability I'm enduring has all but closed my business.  I'm on Amazon so still have business there, but other than that and my website, I can't promote the product any other way. 

What I'm trying to say is, have all your ducks in a row before you have this surgery.  Have a clear plan for recovery, knowing you will be down longer than anticipated.  I thought 2-3 months and I'm still in a boot 6 months later and told it could be another 2-3 months.  Also, make sure your insurance will pay for a bone stimulator.  Mine wouldn't pay until 90 days post-op and they are 3-5k.  You will need it from day one and it will cut your recovery time in half.  

• Posted

Thank you Linda for the comments. I had surgery on June 21. Got my cast off Wed. and now have a boot. I thought when I got a boot I would be able to put at least a little weight on my foot but noooooo! Another 4 weeks of no weight on foot :-( I work at a bank so I can still work but I miss being outside walking. .They didn`t say anything about a bone stimulator.

What did you invent for your business? It sounds exciting!

• Posted

Could you please explain a bone stimulator, I have never heard of one and my Dr has never mentioned it. Thanx
    • Posted

The bone stimulator is an ultrasound bone healing system and the only FDA approved system that uses effective untrsound waves to stimulate the body's natural healing system. I don't think I can give you the name since I keep getting deleted by the moderator. My doctor has several patents on various things used in foot care and I guess he just keeps current on everything.  I've seen remarkable improvement since I started using it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.