MID SHAFT FIBULA BREAK BUT STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN 6 WEEKS LATER

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I fell downstairs and suffered mid shaft fibula break 6 weeks ago. I was given moon boot and crutches and was seen at fracture clinic 2 weeks ago where the Dr said it was a clean break and too early to see on x-ray if it's healing ok, though he expects it to without complications. My ankle has also been swollen from the start and feels very unstable but after examining it the Dr didn't think it was anything to worry about. He also said that the moon boot is unnecessary and only good for comfort so i stopped wearing it. I have to make a physio appointment and go back to fracture clinic in a month. However, i am still in alot of pain and even touching where the break is causes tenderness. I am not convinced it's healing ok and even doing some simple house chores causes the ankle to swell further and the leg to hurt. I went around a fairly large shop the other day using both crutches and was in alot of pain there too.

Has anyone else suffered this and how long did it take for you to heal? At the moment i feel like my leg has no power and there is no way i could manage around house without atleast using one crutch.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Different but I had a fractured humerus this summer. It took 5 months before I was out of pain and it still isn't right.

I think if they are happy the fracture is healing well and there isn't any infection or unexplained swelling then pain is completely normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.