Midazolam sedation for endoscopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Anybody had Midazolam for sedation for an endoscopy ?

I have had loads of endoscopies with sedation and in the past have been happy. If it is done properly you aren't aware of anything until you wake up a short while later.

My endoscopy this time a few days ago was an awful experience. For all the good the sedation did I might have just had water put into the canula.

I heaved my heart up, retched and my throat hurt. I wanted it to stop but couldn't talk. When it was over which seemed like ages, I just cried with relief.

When I googled this drug, others have had the same experience. I was only given 1mg but I noted that the starting dose was usually 2.5 mg. I have complained about this. I wouldn't want anybody else to go through this awful procedure without "proper" and effective sedation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.