migraine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does any one else have migraines which start with lights in right eye then go confused I went doctors and my speach went funny I couldn't think what tablets I was on so I ended up in hospital thinking I was having a stroke had mri scan that was ok so they said it's just a migraine but I'm still feeling terrible days later anyone else have these please help so worried oh and my right side of cheak goes numb x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

The exact same thing happened to me and previous to this I have been suffering with pressure and pain in my head so very worried but, as happened with you, I was taken to hospital as they suspected a stroke but after many weeks of waiting I eventually seen a neurologist and I have a form of neuralgia which thankfully can be helped.  I still have problems with my speech occassionally but one of the symptons of neuralgia in the head is migraine type problems.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply janette . I am just worried as to why I feel so ill after if had a migraine my head feels so strange I can't explain the feeling I just feel awful all my bloods are normal I do have underactive thyroid but it's normal leval at least I no other people have these symptoms x
    • Posted

I can understand how  you feel as I have been so ill since January I began thinking the worse - but this really doesnt help matters.  I have learnt that these sort of problems are hard to diagnose and most doctors are unable to help straight away and unfortunately you have to be patient and wait for the various tests.  If nothing is found on a CT or MRI scan then its definitely not a tumor etc.  Migraine can cause terrible problems and the illness I have now wont be fixed quickly unfortunately but at least I feel more positive now.
    • Posted

Yes janette I need to stop thinking the worst I think that could be why I feel so ill I'm scared all the time x
  • Posted

Yes, I get various flashing lights. My face can go numb, usually on one side. I get visual disturbance---can see flat surfaces as sloping, and it feel my speech is confused but others say I sound ok. 

It's finding the cause of the migraines that's the key to living pain free. Mine were hormonal when I was younger. Get rid of the hormones and my food triggers rocketed! I now have a limited diet. It's boring but I can live headache free so it's worth it.

make a headache diary so you can check hormone causes.

then cut out every trigger food you can think of. Introduce just one, if you get a migraine you know it's that food.

good luck

• Posted

Thanks hollyberry for your reply I have had a migraine before but I only get them like once every 2 yrs but this time if had one and if not recovered from it yet it's been 6 days all my bloods are ok the only thing if had different in my diet is cheese and hot chocolate everyday as I was diagnosed with low calcium so don't no if it's the diet x
  • Posted

Drinking chocolate---that was one of the first things that I noticed caused migraines. At first coffee made me feel strange, very spaced out, wasn't long before this changed to headaches.

the feeling odd after the pain has subsided is common. It's horrible, inconvenient when you have to work or look after children ( or both!) but seems to go with the migraines.

• Posted

Hi hollyberry yes I think it may have something to do with hot choc but if been under a lot of stress so could be that too I'm goin make a diary of everything I can handle the migraines but not how it's made me feel for nearly a wk after its horrible I have 2 kids look after one with disabilities so I need feel my self again thanks for ur help means a lot x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.