Migraine medication help at me wits end!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all,

so I suffer with hormonal migraines they start in my left eye then leave me with have heavy head and pain for about 3 days, I am on a progesterone only pill as can't have one with estrogen in so now I take migraine relief from the doctors ritzatriptain but I was also taking a preventative.

so I was put on pizotifen amazing worked wonders but my goodness I put on 2 stone over 10 months. so I asked for something else, I was put on propanolol and my goodness I have never felt so unwell light headed spaced out can't function, was only on that 2 weeks so doctor took me off that so am seeing her Monday to discuss alternatives , so my question is what else is there? I wanted to try topiramate but apparently It stops the mini pill working so can't have that, don't want another beta blocker or a weight gain pill amyrtriptylene ( however that's spelt) supposedly makes you feel rubbish and weight gain I don't want that really. so what else is there? prizotifen worked but has anyone taken that been really strict on what they eat and lost weight or is it a case of gaining weight constantly whilst on it?pain killers don't work I've had naproxen co-codomol. I'm at me wits end with it all so am looking for advice please 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.