Migraines/headaches after gallbladder removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed 10 weeks ago and have been experiencing several on going symptoms, nausea, fatigue, lightheaded and pain in my upper abdomen, all every day since the surgery. Now for the past 30 days or so I have been getting daily migraines and feeling a lot of pressure in my head with blurred vision. I have gotten migraines before the surgery but not every day like this and I don't know what to do about them. I don't know what's triggered this. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i am in the same boat and also getting pins and needles all over. i am 12 weeks this week. anyone experienced these? please help.

• Posted

Have you had your blood pressure checked since the operation? I had some of these symptoms up until week 3 and my blood pressure ranged from very low ro very high. Once it settled down I began to feel as though I was making progress. hope you are feeling better soon, it's very depressing to feel poorly and unable to do the things you want to be doing.

best wishes

nat

• Posted

yes, my blood pressure is up and down. Did you get headaches or migraines after the surgery and how long did it take for you to feel better?

• Posted

yes get migraines and blurred visiob, including visual distortions and sometimes word disassociation. never had before op.

• Posted

hi, how long ago did you have your surgery and have you found anything that helps your migraines?

• Posted

Hi All, i had my gall bladder removed on July 14th 2023, since then i had dizziness, weakness etc, and now i am suffering from daily headache and my head feels like beating from inside, anyone faced, need urgent advice. thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.