Mind games

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All I’m on day 4 of not smoking !! I’ve smoked for 38years I’m ashamed to say and tried many times to give up the deadly weed. It’s the mind games I struggle with atm, I need words of encouragement peeps , please tell me it gets easier x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheena, yep it does get easier of course but it takes time and a lot of will power but you are definitely going to crack this because you know you have to for your future to be smoke free, I was about the same time as a smoker and to be honest I didn't ever imagine being anything but a smoker, I thought it was an integral part of who I was, then I woke up one day and I had a cough, ok so it was the end result of a cold but even so that first cig had me coughing and I just put it out and have never looked back, was it easy no, definitely not, but I have never regretted quitting not even a little bit, I love wearing lightly scented perfume so that I smell nice and not to mask the stench of cigarettes, ok so you can shower and smell clean until you take that first cig and then I swear it oozes out of your pores, I have felt so much better as well, more energy and no puffing LOL stick it out and you will reep the rewards

• Posted

You are such a brave and smart person! This is a perfect decision to continue a good quality of life! Don't think about it! Just do smth interesting 

• Posted

Hi Sheena,

how has your no smoke journey been doing.

Hope you have still quit.

Stay strong

Regards

• Posted

I congratulate you. You have chosen the right path. Very soon you will feel better and you will enjoy life !!!!
  • Posted

Hey I've been off it 4 weeks now. And I find the easiest tactic is to go cold turkey. But have some in the back of a cupboard so you know it's there. I ride and tried to quit saying last bit after this I'm buying no more. But after it all went I found myself freaking oyt that I had non and needed some so. Yea just have some there so you're not looking for it and say I can smoke it tomorrow and just put itt off day by day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.