Miralax stopped working

Posted , 1 user is following.

70 year old woman and last few years constipation. miralax solved it, softening stools but now its NOT helping me "go" as often. I continue taking miralax even 2xs a day with no improved results. I have taken 1 to 2 dulcolax to get things moving but i dont want to do this daily. So I'm adding magnesium CITRATE in powder form, since I can control the amount by putting it in water, since liquid form is impossible to find because of expired recalls. This may even help with my sleep.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you have some type of "intestinal blockage event" in the past? An event so severe that you "got admitted to overnight stay at the hospital"? If not, you are fine. Try Colace if Ducolax or MGCitrate did not work. My mother is on Mirlax daily (only one cup a day and she sometime refuses to take it) and on the days she does not take the Mirlax she has trouble going to bathroom.

(if your current "Miralax resisting conditon" persists -- I suggest you consult with a GI doctor).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.