Skip to content
in this discussion +5 following Follow this discussion

Mono recovery story collection!!

Hey everyone,

Let's post some positive mono recovery stories so that they're all in one place to give people encouragement. I think there's a negative post bias that understandably happens where most people post when they're concerned, but not when they've recovered. This can give someone viewing the posts a pessimistic impression of recovery. On the other hand reading someone's recovery story, including the darkest parts of the illness, can give hope and aid in the healing process.

I'm still in recovery myself, so I don't have a story yet, but I invite you all to post your recovery story, or other stories you've found / been told.

Thanks!

-Jesse

Report this

11 Replies

• jesse27406

PS - I tried to post stories from other sites on a previous thread but the mods deleted it. Guess we're not allowed to copy / paste or have links

0 Report this reply to jesse27406

• We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Stokieboy16 jesse27406

Thanks Jessie and a great idea. Any internet search often highlights the bad side of this illness. I started blogging to try and pass on good tips.

0 Report this reply to Stokieboy16

• We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• craig07920 jesse27406

Good idea Jesse,

Like many on here I was in the same boat struggling for months with glandular fever / mono and unsure if I would ever get better. However I was able to make a full and complete recovery despite a really difficult I would say 9 months in particular.

Please don't be discouraged by reading that because everyone's recovery is different, many recovery much quicker and the first few weeks / months is always by far the worst.

So my message to anyone having a difficult time with mono at the moment would be to remember that it definitely does pass over, sometimes it can take a bit of time, but it does. I was able to get back to full health after that and live a normal and active life again which I'm grateful for.

Take care

Craig

3 Report this reply to craig07920

• craig07920 jesse27406

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the message and just hoping you are feeling okay and just want to say that was a great idea to set up a page where people can post positive and encouraging stories, it's such a hard virus to deal with and it's important people know there is hope and recovery at the end of the road for everyone reading this who is or has been struggling with mono / glandular fever and just feels weary and tired and scared, which is more than understandable given the circumstances.

It is different for everyone, for me I would say the biggest turning point came around after 9 months, and although it still took a little while after then to feel completely normal I was able to live a much more normal life from then on, so long as I paced myself and still took care. It did still take me a while to get back working full time again, but I think my confidence and things were shaken a bit too in that respect, and it's important to phase things in and not just jump back in to the deep end, I think that definitely helps.

Everyone is different though, some people recover quicker, and often it's a zig-zag kind of recovery, where sometimes you can get mini set backs and wonder if you're back to square one - be assured that you're not if feeling that way today it's just part of the recovery process, and you definitely will get better - there is hope and recovery for everyone with this horrible virus, your body eventually gets on top of it and then it can harm you no more!

Hang in there!

Craig

0 Report this reply to craig07920

• Ste.orra jesse27406

Such a great idea, thank you! I've been looking online for months (I'm just 6 months into recovery) and all I can find is info on how awful people are feeling (which I can understand) when it would be so encouraging to hear about people getting better! smile hope you get better soon!

2 Report this reply to Ste.orra

• craig07920 Ste.orra

Hey Ste,

Yes the internet is a scary place for stories, this is generally a good forum for encouragement from people going through and who have been through mono / glandular fever. I do believe you are hopefully by the worst 6 months for sure, and that things will get better for you too, so hang in there it's just so frustrating that it can take time, but you definitely will make a full recovery I believe without any doubt smile

Thinking of you and take care

Craig

1 Report this reply to craig07920

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

Forums Terms & Conditions