monomil

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been put on monomile 30mg ( slow release )once daily

today my BP  has been around 103/48, I've been with a headache

and feeling dizzy and sick, as The monomile is slow release does anyone know any way of bringing my blood presure up.

thanks in advance.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Was it precribed for BP or angina or heart faiure?

• Posted

Good morning derek  precribed for angina, BP, my BP this morning is 169/63 but with a heck of a headache. Im having an angiogram tomorrow so I'll leave the Monomil and see what they say .

thank you for the reply.

• Posted

Good luck with the angiogram. I've had two after false positive results from stress tests.
    • Posted

Thank you derek, I'm not looking forward to it ( it sounds daft as I hope they don't find anything but part of me wants them to so it can be sorted)

will let you know how things went later on.

• Posted

one can bring their BP up by drinking more fluids.  
    • Posted

I take more fluids when mine goes too low!
    • Posted

How low is too low Derek?   At which point do you increase fluids?
    • Posted

The other day around lunch time it had gone down to 98/57 and I had not taken a medication in the morning. I take 50mg losaratan at night.

I hope that your angiogram is a quickie! My first one took ten minutes. I had felt him pushing the catheter in for a bit then he went over to the monitor that that I could not see and started fiddling about. I asked when he was going to start and he turned the monitor towards me and said 'Watch the action replay'

The next time I was not so lucky. 

• Posted

Just a quick update on my angiogram as from my discharge summary.

Main Diagnosis: Admission from TBH for rehab following Right MCA infract and right TACS during diagnostic angiogram. Thrombolyed successfully.

in plain English: a Stroke caused by the angiogram

I was lucky to have been in the hospital so taken straight to MRI scan then to be Thrombolysed

after 3 days at the acute stroke ward I was sent to another stroke rehab. Hospital (  total hospitalisation 8 days, discharged to day , 45%

paralisis in left leg and  35% left arm.

I was told the odds of a stroke from angiogram 0.05 %.

with having being part of that persentage, should I do the lottery LOL )

A big thank's to all the stroke team for the fact that I can write this tonight.

• Posted

So sorry to hear that and wishing you a good recovery. It must have caused a panic in the cath lab. Did they actually finish the angiogram?
    • Posted

yes derek they finished it but did not have time to put the antibiotic in the canular

ended up with oral thrush and Cellulitis...lol I was told that I was lucky as I was in the hospital wich meant treatment was started within the hour.

they are trying as much Physiotherapy within the 6 week period of fast recovery because after that recovery slows right down.

And you were right there was lots of panic mainly because early Thrombolysis is a must.

• Posted

At the pre asessment before I had my pacemaker fitted they went through the things that could go wrong and said if it does you are in right place. Not quite, they fitted the wrong type of pacemaker. When the technician came round later in the day to check it and give me my pacemker card I looked at it and said this is a single chamber one it was supposed to be dual chamber. 

When I had a colonoscopy there was panic when my BP went down to to 40/29 and heart rate 30. They started pumping drugs into me and gave me water to drink and put me on a drip. Later I found that I was in AF.

• Posted

Just had a phone call to be fitted with a Holter monitor for a day on the 8th of October ( don't know why as they said that the heart had been sorted ) I'm hoping it's just part of the follow up after the stroke.
    • Posted

It will be important to keep your BP under good control.
    • Posted

hi, derek.

I still have numbness on the left side but now mobile, ( with cane )

6 weeks rehab Phisio etc.

thank you for asking, I trust you are well. 

kind regards

Howard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.