More PIP Agony

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am freaking out 😫 I won my tribunal on 15 of May

Today I have received a letter from DWP saying they have Applied for a correction for the decision they say they cannot pay my benefit awarded by the first tier tribunal until they receive the corrected a decision to the descriptors of the activities award is required I’m very worried now what does this mean is is common needless to say a panic attack is imminent 😫😫

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It sounds like the Tribunal made an error somewhere and DWP can't put your award into payment until that error is corrected. Sometimes it happens with a date of the award, if a date is incorrect DWP can't put an award into payment. The reason they can't do this is because it's an award made by a Tribunal and the law states that the decision can't be changed and they must pay the money owed, for the dates stated.

The usually timescales for backdated money is about 8 weeks after a Tribunal win and for you it's only been just over a couple of weeks. Hopefully HMCTS won't be too long responding to the letter from DWP and then DWP will put the award into payment until then unfortunately, all you can do is sit and wait.

• Posted

update...

the tribunal had missed off the points in 1st lot if forms , the corrected forms they have corrected it and sent it back to dwp .

waiting for DWP to contact me now to see weather they will finally pay up or put another obstacle in my way

ηˆ›ηˆ›ηˆ›

• Edited

Well this will prob be my final update as my back pay was payed into my bank today and received the letter I. Post this morn confirming my appeal win 😁 it’s finally over after years of stress thanks to this group for all the support and advice 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.