more PIP criteria changes announced 25/02/17

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Goalposts are again being moved for claimants of PIP the sole purpose being to reduce the money paid out to people who have life changing illness or/and disabilities.

If this constant reshuffling continues, to try to block any appeals outcomes, mandatory or upper tribunal, then I can see visions of "Solent Green" coming true.

The general public who are, at the moment, fit and healthy, are being led to believe that no one is unfit in today's society, everyone can contribute in some way.

Well that's true, bring in mandatory organ donation and suddenly there is an untapped resource only curtailed by the stubbiness of the elderly, ill and disabled to part with their organs while still alive.

Somehow, I think someone's working on that, right now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

From what Been said on this group its only for new claims not excising ones already

With pip

• Posted

This is for new claimants with Metal Health issues only. I posted the news last night.
  • Posted

Hi,

"This is for new claimants only, with mental health issues".

Wow, that's okay then, nothing much to worry about, there was me getting upset for all the new claimants for pip, who have mental health issues, like me!!!!!

Mike.

• Posted

Meaning? I was simply stating it's for new claimants. I can't remember one poster from another as there's so many who post. I know all about mental health issues because my daughter has them. Been battling for a diagnosis for over 8 years.

• Posted

Will the DWP also use this as a kind of clause for people 're applying? They seem to find ways around everything lately 😕

My claim isn't anything to do with this but I feel for the people it effects

• Posted

It doesn't apply for existing awards but it may apply for any who's being reviewed.

• Posted

Hi,

It may also give the bean counters an excuse to bring forward reappraisal of everybodys pip awards sooner than expected.

This is a cost cutting exercise, they thought they had set things right to refuse many more claimants than has worked out and reducing the pip benefit has to be done, in their eyes anyway.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.