Morning anxiety is the hardest time for me and lasts for hours - need ideas for coping

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on day 8 of 5mg escitalopram. I also take clonazepam but try to minimize it. Small dose morning and night. The morning anxiety makes me completely upset as I go to sleep dreading it and wake up with it immediately. Anyone experience this too? How do you cope? My symptoms are - shaky hands, chills, diarrhea, nausea, and then all of this makes my mind focus on my body. It's a viscious cycle. I take short walks and try to distract myself but it's like the cortisol and adrenaline are relentless and just come right back. I take tums and eat yogurt before I take my med and I take it in the morning. My mouth is so dry it's hard to make myself eat crackers. Any other ideas? I would really appreciate your replies. Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Cindy.

Same here. Please don't take this the wrong way but it feels less lonely that someone else is going through this. I am on 10mg day 12. My symptoms are I am freezing, all the time. Chills that come in waves. I feel sick constantly, especially after food. I range from loose bowels to constipation. My anxiety attacks are terrible. For most days I require Diazepam to get through the day, which defeats the purpose of taking Escitalopram. I too awake dreading taking the medication because I not what will come. I am at the point of quitting it. How are you doing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.