Morning sickness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on 20mg for 2 weeks now but still always wake up with really bad morning sickness and bad headaches anybody know how to help please?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi James

Although I was lucky not to get headaches ( I know a lot of people do ) I did suffer with terrible nausea for just over 3 weeks when I upped to 20mg. I gave now just started week five and side effects have all gone.

I know how awful the nausea is but it will definitely pass. Hopefully someone here will be able to comment on the headache concern.

Did you get any anti sickness tabs from your gp? If not they are worth getting as they take the edge off the symptoms.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the horrible side effects which unfortunately can take a few weeks to disappear.

Warmest wishes

L

• Posted

I started on 20mg and had the same couldn't cope so halved it to 10mg took at bedtime and feel great now, so will gradually move up. Think 20 is too strong for some to start on x
  • Posted

Hi James

Just upped to 40 mg and feel sick with upset stomach and headaches. Think your body has to get used to the increase. Got work tomorrow and not looking forward to it. Hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

Have you tried changing the time you take the citalopram? Take it before you go to sleep vs taking it in the morning? or other way around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.