Morphine patches

Posted , 5 users are following.

someone told me today about morphine patches has anyone tried these and if so do they help?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

No one every mentioned to me about morphine patches,either privately or NHS. Not sure this is a good route to go down as I am 4 years with frozen shoulder and by now I would probably  be hooked on morphine. Try looking them up and see what the PIL leaflet says. 

• Posted

I've not tried them but was reading something about it somewhere! Hope they work for you, I haven't found anything that controls pain just takes the edge off!

Look forward to hearing update.

• Posted

Going for an mri scan on 4 weeks and a cortisone injection but had two already and neither worked getting desperate to get some sleep been like this for 9 months have asked doctor for morphine patches so still waiting. I have a high pain threshold but this pain is so bad it takes my breath away and I can't speak till it eases😖😖
    • Posted

Manipulation or injection didn't work for me either. I've never taken so many tablets in all my life but with this pain I could find it less painful if I broke my own arm. I think the physio thought I was mad when I told him I had been rubbing and banging my neck along a wooden ridge just to see if it would lessen or change the pain!

Hope morphine patch works.

• Posted

Not sure if this will work for you Lynn, but even when the pain is bad, I take a couple of Kalms (night) and after an hour, I drift off into a relaxed sleep...at least for a few hours.  

Blessings

Chickabee

• Posted

Have you heard of the hydraulition injection? I had it beginning of the month and it has helped the pain immensely.movement is still pretty stuck although more than I had before injection but the pain has subsided. Look into it Lynn.
  • Posted

hi lynne,

I have been prescribed beupnorphine 10mg patches (spelling?) i had tried varius pain relief for the past 2/3 years and nothing relly worked or was not suitable for me, i have arthritis also in the neck/spine and fingers. so maybe the reasoning behind the prescription was to ease the pain of that also, i have no side effects with the patch although i did start on 5 mg, the first 2 nights of applying the patch (change weekly) i sleep solid virtually pain free, but then the pain starts creeping back, its not as acute but still there, the gp says the best we can hope for is alleviating 70% of the pain, i also use the analgesic cream and top up with paracetamol, its not ideal to be on these patches and if some other form of pain relief works for you i would go with that. i am due for surgery in the near future ( within 4/5 months) i have a discussion on this forum if you would like to take a look, i sympathise with anyone thats going through this awful pain and wait that we have to go through. bb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.